I have tackled reupholstering. The idea never even crossed my mind until we were curbside shopping and Gretchen was saying how fun it was. The chair was free so what did I have to lose? Plus it was like crafting and sewing all put together. Then one afternoon Gretchen came over and we started ripping out staples... that was it I was committed.
So while my Mom was here that was our project. (Well one of them anyways.) We ripped out staples for hours.
after around 6 hours of staple ripping, the chair was bare!
We bought aprox 8 1/2 yard of fabric and I began to race out the pieces we had ripped off of the chair, pinning labels to them as I went so I knew which would match up with which. I used the same piping from the chair as well. It was really straight forward.
I replaced the batting on the seat and added another layer to the arms and to the back. I got the batting for free form a sister in the ward.
It's starting to come together
In total I think it took roughly 20 hours +/- which isn't bad in my opinion and came to a total of $60 for supplies. I didn't find it very difficult, if you can sew, you can do this! Everyone seems to like it and Jakob now thinks that it is his chair. Now to recover E's little rocker and start on my chaise. Well, maybe we will wait until after Christmas to do the chaise.