Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

4th of July Dress

 I loved Ethnie's dress so much I decided it need it's very own post! It turned out better than I had even hoped! I mean seriously check that kid out. (For original post and instructions click here.)

 The original blog post over at Heart Break Kids was made for a child larger than Ethnie. So we changed a few things. Firstly we made everything much simpler by just adding a skirt to a onesie! We also roll hemmed the edges on the surger. Quick, simple and beautiful!

 The bum is my favorite part! I mean really I'm Canadian and I am in love! We also did all of the gathers on the surger! So quick! We didn't stitch the belt on because we didn't want to loose the stretch of the cotton. Ethnie is barely squeezing into her 3-6 month outfits at 4 1/2 months, stretch was necessary! So to keep the belt in place we added a few loops.

 That's my little American girl. She wore her dress to church on Sunday and got a lot of compliments on it. It was super simple, a little bit time consuming (approx 6+ hours) but like I said I am very pleased with the end result. 

 Mom Tobler suggested adding a few stars to her tushy. You can't really see them when she wears it but I think it gives it that extra kick!

I hope everyone had an amazing 4th of July!! I know our little American Girl sure did!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...