Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

DIY Scarecrow

Back home in Canada my mother made a baby scarecrow out of my little brothers clothes. Once Mom Tobler and I made our caramel apples I had to think of a place to put them. The basket I got at a yard sale (as you know I have a testimony of yard sales) along with the hay bale and pumpkins. All I needed was a scarecrow so I wandered over to D.I for some answers.

I got the coveralls and the shirt for 2 dollars each the bandanna I had left over from last years New Years party at the Wynn. I stuffed him full of plastic garbage bags (you know the ones that you save from Wal-mart and hardly ever use, ya those ones) and tied the ends of his arms and legs with raffia.

I absolutely love him. Jakob carved his little pumpkin head and I shoved a rolled up file folder inside his shirt to give it some support. And the best part is he's easy to store and I can keep him out until thanksgiving!!! It doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...