Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pillow Case Dresses

Since Jakob was heading off to Florida last week I decided that I wanted to make a little something for our newest niece Presley. Jeff and Amy are quite the Gator fans so I thought a little Gator dress would be appropriate. To Pinterest I went in search of inspiration, when I stumbled upon this beauty. Pillow case dresses are everywhere right now! I followed the link to see if there was a tutorial (not that I needed one per say but measurements are always wonderful!) I came to find that the dress pictured above cost $40. I almost had a heart attack! I knew I could do it... and do it better mind you so I set to work!

Here is my rendition. I put a double ruffle (thanks to some inspiration from Mom Tobler) instead of a single and added a header to the top layer with some polka dot ribbon. I also shortened the ribbon because we didn't want little Presley choking on the ends.

Gosh dang I love that little Gator!! My very first applique! I am so pleased with how it turned out! Perfect for a little Gator!

I was so excited about how easy these dresses were to make that I made two more for Violet and Lucia. This is where it would have been nice to have measurements. Violet's will probably fit her when she's 10 (sorry Janet!) I think Lucia's will probably fit Vi now. I kept the ribbons long on these ones for added flare since the fabric was too busy for an applique.

Of course, me being me, I had some extra fabric left over and so I made one for Ethnie too. I am quite a fan of pillow case dresses (even though I didn't use a pillow case at all.) They are so quick and easy to make! The perfect project to get done in one day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...