Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Baby Things

Ever since we found out we were having a baby girl back in October, I've been busily crafting away. There are so many cute ideas out there via Pinterest and Etsy that it has been difficult to contain myself. Above and below we have an Owl Taggy. Apparently these little guys are really good sensory toys for little ones, I'm not sure if I entirely believe that but heck I think it's cute!

I mean honestly, who doesn't love Minkie fabric? These little guys cost anywhere from $8 - $20 via Etsy. I figured I could make them myself with supplies I had on hand. I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

Hair bows! Need I say more? As soon as we found out Ethnie was a girl all I could think about were dresses, tutus, and hair bows. I may or may not have gone a little bit over board. Here are a few of my favorites.

This one is my personal favorite :).

While exploring the internet I stumbled upon this free dress pattern and I just had to make one. (I'm sorry I can't find the link, but there are tons of free patterns via Google)My first attempt was much too small. It'll be a nice dress for a preemie or one of Ethnie's future teddy bears. I expanded the pattern by 8 stitches and I think this time it'll fit. If not... I'll just make another one.

I am very pleased with the end result. Don't worry we'll keep her modest by putting a onesie underneath. :)

I love to crochet. I think I've crocheted 6 different hats and diaper covers for new born photos. I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I'll be posting those once our little lady is here to model them for us. :)

I also made some burp cloths and soother tags. I wasn't about to spend $5 on a soother clip when I had all the supplies on hand! It's been a ton of fun and an excellent way to keep me busy. I can hardly believe we'll have our little one here in less than 48 hours. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around!! I am so stinking excited!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...