Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Quiet Book Week- The Nativity

 **UPDATE 8/14/2013**
 I've been having some issues with allowing a link for you all to get my patterns. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. 
 I now have the pattern and some makeshift assembly instructions available for purchase in my Etsy shop. (https://www.etsy.com/listing/159679311/nativity-quietbook-pattern) or you can click the link at the top of the page below my banner. Thank you to all for your support!! I truly appreciate it!
 This is my first page that was 100% my own.  While searching the internet for page ideas I realized I couldn't do a church book without Baby Jesus and there wasn't really anything out there that I loved. I really wanted to have a nativity where the children could take off the people and act it out. It took forever to make... seriously. I drew up the pattern (approx 2 + hours) which is no easy task. Making sure everything is drawn proportionately was draining.   

 The three wise men. Each little guy took an hour to assemble. I can't even begin to honestly count how many hours these pages took. It was a labor of love and I am very pleased with the final outcome. 

 I am always telling you that they are "finished both front and back." This is what I mean by that. 

 Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus. Please do not make fun of Baby Jesus, It isn't his fault he looks like a peanut. Poor guy.

 Sheep, Shepard and Angel.

 Baby Jesus can sleep inside of the manger.

 I really like how the palm tree turned out. I also really liked the cobble stone road. They have several different patterned pieces at Joann's. I added Velcro so everyone could move around.

I think one day I may make a camel, another sheep, donkey and an ox but we'll see. I am so happy with the end result!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...