Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Hidden Message


Day 7: For his last and final day, I gave Jakob a book, not just any book my faithful followers, a book with a secret. I apologize for this was the first activity I started because it took the longest, so my pictures are lacking.
What You'll Need:
A Book (Your choice of thickness and size) Thrift Stores!!!!
Exacto Knife
Mod Podge or White Glue
Cereal Box
Tissue Paper
Ribbon (Optional)

Step 1:
If you do not like the cover of your book cover it with Tissue Paper both front and back. (Paper mache.) Mine was an book about the Revolution and the cover was blue. I started with white as a "primer" and then covered it with red. To keep the pages from sticking together, put a Ziploc under the cover.

Step 2:
Glue the back cover to the last page & the front cover to the first page to give the cover a finished look.

Step 3:
Next take the Mog Podge and glue all of the pages together with the book closed. Apply Liberally!!! Set book under something heavy and allow to dry for at least 2 1/2 hours. I simply left mine over night.

Step 4:
Once dry you may start to hollow out your book tracing around the edges with an exacto Knife. USE CAUTION! I cut myself more than once!

Step 5:
Cut out strips of cereal box to line edges. Your edges will not all be even and this gives it a finished look. Take Mod Podge and once gain apply liberally to inside of pages b4 covering with cereal. I applied some tape to the cardboard to ensure stability.

Step 6:
I made compartments out of the cereal box and then began my paper mache again. White first to cover my green Apple Jacks box. I also added ribbon to help hold my treasures in place.

Allow to dry 2 hours.

When finished Fill with notes, poems, pictures or any other sentimental objects. I heard of a guy that did this a hid the ring inside for his soon-to-be-bride to find at the library. If you'd like to fill it with love coupons go HERE to get printable ones. Be creative and have fun!

I think I need to spice my cover up at bit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...