Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Memory Game

 I get bored. Really bored. My darling children usually take a 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon and that is my time. My time is sacred. It is not used to clean, organize, or work on my "to-do" list, it is for ME! Like I said, I get bored so I usually have a project or ten on the go and sometimes I just need to find something new to do. This is usually when I turn to Pinterest for some inspiration. I found this memory game a few weeks before Christmas and knew I had to make some for my nieces and nephews (oh and for me of course!) 

 It was a little bit lot of trial and error! I bought the discs from Michaels they are 1 1/2" (I think)  and they came with 22 pieces per package. Next came to sizing the photos. At first I printed out wallets which was pretty pricey and they ended up being too big. Then I got smart and printed collage photos for around 9¢ a photo. I put around 3 photos per page and *boom* finally success!

 I then used a punch I had on hand to punch out the photos. I painted the discs, sealed them and then modge podged the photos on. They turned out just perfectly! 

Then I went to Michaels and found some cute little burlap bags to put them in and *Voila* a super cute and easy Christmas present!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...