Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

Car Carrier

 Since I made E a felt pizza (post coming soon) I knew I had to find something to make the little man. I was searching Pinterest (where would I be without Pinterest?) and I found this darling car carrier tutorial. (Click link here.) It was perfect, just what I had in mind and it already had the measurements for me (hurray for not having to draft a pattern!) With a few variations (you know me, I can never just follow the pattern) I was set!
 My first variation was the road itself. I work with felt a lot and I knew that it if made a felt road it wasn't going to hold up the way I wanted it to. So I went with a heavy cotton which my MIL happened to have in her stash. I used a heavy iron on interfacing to give it a bit more stiffness. I also appliqued the stripes onto my fabric  instead of gluing (which is what it looks like the tutorial did.)
 I just loved the fabric! I know monsters have nothing to do with cars but the bright colors and super cute monsters caught my eye and I knew I had to have them!

 On my roll I also added a Velcro strip to keep everything together. It folds in half and then rolls up. 

I just {love} how it all came together. Of course I had left overs so I made one for my nephew. Duke is still a bit young to understand it purpose but E loves it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...