Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Things that Go Quiet Book - Boats

 I am so beyond excited to introduce my latest quiet book. This bad boy has hands down been my quickest quiet book to date. My son is three and currently into all things cars, planes, and trains. He loves all things that go and since my previous books have primarily been for my daughter, I wanted to make him something special just for him!

My first page is boats. The theme for this book was to keep. it. simple. I didn't want to ton of parts or pieces. I wanted the back ground to be clean, but still have some excitement while not being overwhelming to assemble. 

 These little boats were a blast to make! To be honest the pirate ship is hands down my favorite but it's all about the buttons. I have a fairly extensive stash and I had all of my buttons on hand but buttons are a key element in this book! 

 I also love the different colors in the water. In my church quiet book I did a fishing page where I made the water out of felt. While that was super simple to work with and really quick, after the years there has been some wear and tear on the felt whee it has pilled or stretched out. I didn't want that to be an issue this time around and I LOVE how the cotton looks and feels and it will hold up to little hands! 

I felt that this page itself needed a touch of texture and color other than blue. I love the sun and the ribbon and how it gives that little extra pop! 

This pattern for this page is available for purchase via my Etsy shop and as always thank you so much for your support and interest in my work!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...