Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Queit Book Week - Daniel in the Lion's Den

**UPDATE 8/14/2013**
 I've been having some issues with allowing a link for you all to get my patterns. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. 
 I now have the pattern and some makeshift assembly instructions available for purchase in my Etsy shop. (https://www.etsy.com/listing/159671092/daniel-the-lions-den-quietbook-pattern) or you can click the link at the top of the page below my banner. Thank you to all for your support!! I truly appreciate it! 

 
While I received inspiration for this page from a few sites This was essentially my own design. I drew up a pattern and incorporated several different ideas. I got the door concept here (you have to scroll down a bit) and the idea for finger puppets here. I used the lions heads off of this pattern and I made the Angel and David on my own. Making up your own patterns is a lot of work! I am so thankful to have had a guide to follow for most of my pages.

I just {loved} the finger puppets! They are so fun and add a lot of flavor to a page that would have been rather boring. Here's my niece Violet modeling them for me! 

 Just like all of my other pages I hand stitched the faces on everyone. I made one Lion angry and one Lion happy. 

I wasn't really sure how to make it look like Daniel was in a den. I was really stressing over this. I wanted everything out of fabric instead of markers so I created a little king to peek from behind the stone. He's super cute! :)

So pleased with the end result!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...