Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Quiet Book Week - I Love to See the Temple

 ** Update 9/18/2013 ** Many of you have asked for this pattern and I am more than happy to announce that it has been uploaded to my Etsy site. (click on link below banner at the top of the page.) As always I'd like to thank you for your darling comments and support. I would love to see your finished products! If you have any questions please e-mail me at stephanie[dot]lauren[at]live[dot]com.


 I love the Salt Lake Temple. I just think it looks like a castle and I was very excited to be sealed to Jakob for all eternity there 3 years ago. As a little girl one of my favorite things to do was play "wedding" so I decided to make a wedding page. 

 While I got the inspiration for this page here, this is another original design.  I printed off this clip art image and cut out the windows and angel Moroni. I did all of the detail stitching before I sewed it on to make a pocket for the Bride and Groom to go inside.  While I tried to make it as big as possible but it is still a tight fit for the Mr. & Mrs. to fit inside. I closed the pocket with a zipper. 

 In the LDS church we are sealed (married) in the temple for all of eternity. We wear all white as a symbol of purity which is why the Bride and Groom are all white. 

 The Mrs. Looking at her now I think I made her torso too long but that's just me being picky. I made her veil out of tool.

Her bouquet is just a ribbon flower from Joanns. I'm sure you could make one if you wanted but I thought this was the easiest and prettiest route for me. 

 The Groom. I have received a lot of comments asking why I made his hair red when Jakob is clearly not a red head. The answer is I didn't have a red head and I thought making him brunette made them look to similar. I just love this little guy with his lapel and tie. I couldn't find a flower small enough to fit on his lapel so I left it blank and now looking at him, I like it that way. 

 I really like my temple and I think the Bride and Groom are just precious.

** For those who have purchased this pattern but need instructions PLEASE SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL so that I can get those to you! as of 10/29/2013 I have attached the wise men instructions which are the same. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! **

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked for your temple one on etsy and couldn't find it. Is it still available? Also I have never done a wuiet book..are the pages cotton or felt and do you have a template of just the pages brfore you put anything on it? Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...