What is more perfect than counting with Count von Count? I made The Count a two page spread as well.
Sewing him together was a mental exercise. At one point I was stitching through 7 layers of felt and cotton. This was an intirucut pattern but I think he came out brilliantly.
Once I had sewn him to my cotton background I thought he needed a little web up in the corner. I hand embroidered the web on and the I added the ric rac. It had to be exact. Thankfully everything lined up on the first try!
I love all of the little details, the monocle, the eye lids, the eye lash. I think he looks great!
For the activity I wanted to have the kids count things. I decided to go with bats. I added one of the bats to the page with Count on it.
I put the other four on the second page along with the words.
Each little bat has googly eyes that I sewed on by hand. Glue wouldn't sick and I really wanted to have eyes. Hopefully these will last awhile!
E is getting really good at snaps. I think if I were to do this page again however I would use Velcro to make things simpler.
This pattern is available for purchase via my Etsy shop along with detailed assembly instructions. I can't get enough of this page. I think Count von Count looks fabulous!