Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

Sesame Street Quiet Book - Oscar the Grouch

Who doesn't love Oscar the Grouch? This was my last page to complete and I think we ended on a high note! 

Oscar was interesting to assemble. There was lots of tacking here and lifting there to get everything to sit right. I love his little hands and eye brows though. He came out quite handsome. 

The trash. Originally I had planned on having different colored slime/ blobs for the kids to match the color. I cut them out set them on the page and the page went from looking fabulous to looking cheap and rushed. I couldn't do it which was frustrating because I had already written on the fabric saying "Match the Slime." instead of "Match the Trash."  I was ready to be done with this quiet book but I had to do it right so I give you, the trash. 

The fish, This guy makes the page. I totally love him!

Another favorite, the Apple core which had to be done entirely by hand but it was so worth it! 

I embroidered around each item so that E could match them up.

Like I said before I had already written "Match the slime the SCRAM!" in pen (my evaporating marker is packed away somewhere) so I attempted to erase it with rubbing alcohol. It worked, sort of. It made a mess of things and instead of risking ruining Oscar I just made a patch and covered it up. Oscar is trashy anyways so I didn't mind having a patch job :).

As an after though Jakob suggested that I add Slimy. Jakob is actually quiet involved in my creations adding imput here and there. I am so thankful of his support and encouragement.

That's it! That's my Sesame Street Quiet Book! This pattern is available for purchase via my Etsy shop along with detailed assembly instructions. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...