Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Bow Dress

Since we are going to Houston for Thanksgiving I decided that I wanted the kiddos to have matching outfits. While I was in the store I stumbled upon this bow fabric and knew that I just had to make a dress for E. Does she need a dress? No. Do I need another project? No. but it was calling to me so I had satisfy my urge. 

 This is the first time that I have EVER followed a pattern. Usually Mom Tobler and i are designing our dresses and projects using several patterns as we go and really just winging it. Let me tell you... Creatively it wasn't as fun, but time wise it just went right together. The whole thing took me around 3 1/2 hours to do. Piece of cake. 

This neckline was a bear. Curves, corners, slits... It's still not perfect and after stitching it and taking it apart 6 or so times I decided just to leave it. I had planned to put the trim on anyways and it hides the flaws just perfectly! 

I just love the buttons on the back. So pleased with this dress. So quick, so simple, so fun! Now.... onto my next project!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...