Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

Star Wars Heels

The day before we left for Vegas I was searching cute things on Pinterest and found these FAB-U-LOUS Star Wars Heels. I knew I just had to have them, but they were $50 and there wasn't enough time to ship them. I knew I had the fabric downstairs and I figured I could rock these out for less than $50 so I started researching how to cover heels with fabric. Turns out it is SUPER simple but there is a learning curve. I went to Savers and gt some heels, found out I was 1/2" short on fabric so I zipped out to get some more and I went to town. In total they cost $12. The shoes were half price and I got the fabric and Mod Podge with a coupon. Winning!!!

 I freaking well LOVE THEM!!!! Oh my inner nerd was just giddy the whole time! I was insanely easy but I learned a few things. 1. Outdoor Mod Podge (while recommended) turns out shiny which wasn't the look I was going for. So I used it as a base to get the fabric on and then I topped it with a matte Podge. 

 2. Use a VERY sharp xacto knife. Mine was dull and just didn't cut as cleanly as I wanted. 

 3. Take your time. I made mine at 1:30 am. I was rushing and so they aren't as neat as I would have liked (as you can tell in the back in the next picture.)

 But when all was said and done I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!! They aren't perfect but they are on my feet so people don't look to closely and I have gotten a TON of compliments on them! 

I am feeling some super hero ones next? Who's with me?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...