Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Busy Board for Boys

I usually have a list of things I need done around the house for my Dad when he comes to visit. I call it my Daddy-Do List. He is the handiest man I know and can fix just about anything. I usually like to have a project on the go too so I figured I'd put Daddy in charge of a busy board full of locks and latches for Duke. Normally we would just hunt through the garage for odds and ends that would work but since we had just moved we had nothing we went on the hunt at Home Depot and Lowes. He was like a kid in a candy store. He was bubbling with ideas and it was the cutest thing. 

Then it was time to map out our plan. 

Then it was time for me to paint.

While I did that Opa was busy rewiring a light and hooking it up to a switch. Then the face plate was too big so he cut that down with an xacto knife. Don't worry, he still had all of his fingers after this project. 

Finished painting and now it's time to start assembling!

Mom was working hard too!


And she's done!
 I can't even tell you how in love with it I am!

 Two lights. The penguin is a simple push light and the top light is connected to the switch. Nice work Daddy! All of that soldering worked!

 And the door that opens.

I think we need to put a picture behind here or maybe a mirror? I am so in love with it! I can't wait to give it to him for his birthday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...